Last updated on January 17th, 2024 at 02:11 pm
March and April stand out as two of the finest months to indulge in a vacation, and it’s not just because school calendars dictate it. During this delightful transitional period, select spring break destinations offer the charm of mild weather and, with a bit of insider knowledge, the allure of fewer crowds.
While places like Cancun and Miami may have been the go-to choices during our spirited college days, our current preferences lean more towards enjoyable yet sophisticated getaways.
To assist you in kickstarting your spring break planning, we’ve curated a list of spring break destinations. These options range from indulging in whale watching in the Caribbean to enjoying the best snow and ski in great slopes. And if the mood strikes for a couple of tequila shots, by all means, go ahead – you’re a responsible grown-up, after all.
Contact Haute Retreats to start planning your spring break vacation—for this year and the future. Our team can match you with the accommodations and activities that are right for you and provide information on private villas, private charters, activities…
Miami is a chic cultural destination comprised of several districts, suburbs and barrier islands, including the seven-square-mile Miami Beach, between the Florida Everglades to the west and Biscayne Bay to the east.
We only feature private villas and private residences that we can know for first-hand. At many of them, our guests receive special amenities, including upgrades, early check-in, breakfast, spa credits and more.
When in Utah you are sure to experience a getaway full of grounding and amazing sightseeings, this region of USA should be more explored and a stay at the Amangiri will for sure make your vacation even better.
Aspen is the glittering crown jewel of the see-and-be-seen ski destinations where you can choose from the top designer shops, luxury resorts and luxury chalets, high-end restaurants and serious Rocky Mountain terrain.
The country of “pura vida,” Costa Rica champions health, wellness and nature (home to one of the world’s seven Blue Zones, where the longest-living populations reside). Come here for outdoor yoga, meditation on pristine beaches, excellent surfing and snorkeling, wildlife-viewing and jungle adventures by ATV, horseback and zipline—all while unwinding at an eco-friendly resort like the Andaz in the PP.
Mexico’s treasures are as diverse as they are diverting—and whether you opt for a beachy getaway to the Riviera Maya or Los Cabos, or Punta Mita, or a culture-, art- and food-focused escape to the central city of San Miguel de Allende, this spring break destination is a classic for good reason.
While the sparkling city of Marrakech is lovely in the springtime, travelers looking for space can turn to the one-of-a-kind retreats of the Moroccan countryside. In the Atlas Mountains, Richard Branson’s Kasbah Tamadot has rooms bedecked in sumptuous textiles and antiques, as well as a range of outdoor adventure activities and a hammam spa—or we love a vacation at the Amanjena. Amanjena (peaceful paradise) is set just outside the ancient city of Marrakech.
It is located within an oasis of palm and olive trees, it lies just minutes from Morocco’s famous Djemaa el-Fna Square and the UNESCO-protected medina of Marrakech.
Moorish heritage is reflected throughout the pisé-walled resort, including the guest Maisons that radiate out from an ancient bassin (irrigation pool), echoing the style of a sultan’s palace.
The nation with more than thousand tiny islands the perfect setting for surfers, scuba divers, beach lovers and honeymooners. For an extended spring break vacation that is truly far-flung—with five-star service and amenities—escape to one of the many luxurious overwater bungalows and beachfront villas available at properties like Cheval Blanc Randheli or Soneva Fushi.
Top safari destinations like Rwanda, Kenya and Botswana are open to American travelers, with detailed testing and Covid-safety procedures in place.
Since they experience a low number of tourists these destinations will offer once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for wildlife-viewing- whether you seek gorillas or draw-dropping elephants, leopards and lions—. Stay at the Kataza House. Located in a prized 178-acre parcel of lush meadows and wetlands right on the edge of Volcanoes National Park with magnificent views of the Sabyinyo, Gahinga and Muhabura volcanoes, there are eight suites and a four-bedroom villa, Kataza House.
Verbier, a world-renowned ski resort town in Switzerland, is a fantastic destination for Spring Break for several reasons:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: While Spring Break is typically associated with warm destinations, Verbier offers an exciting twist with late-season skiing and snowboarding. The snow conditions are often excellent, and you can enjoy sunny, mild days on the slopes.
- Beautiful Alpine Scenery: The Swiss Alps provide a stunning backdrop for your Spring Break. The crisp mountain air and breathtaking scenery are perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Après-Ski Culture: Verbier is famous for its vibrant après-ski scene. After a day on the slopes, you can relax at cozy mountain huts, lively bars, and upscale restaurants.
- Festivals and Events: Verbier hosts various events and music festivals during the spring, adding an extra layer of entertainment to your visit.
- Hiking and Outdoor Activities: In addition to winter sports, Verbier offers excellent hiking opportunities in the surrounding mountains and valleys, with well-marked trails for all levels of hikers.
- Luxury Accommodations: Verbier boasts a range of luxurious hotels, chalets, and resorts, providing a comfortable and high-end experience for travelers.
- Cultural Experiences: You can explore the charming Swiss culture in the town, visit local markets, and try traditional Swiss cuisine in cozy restaurants.
- Relaxation: Verbier has top-notch spas and wellness centers where you can unwind after a day of outdoor activities.
- Safety and Cleanliness: Switzerland is known for its safety and cleanliness, making it a comfortable destination for travelers.
- International Appeal: Verbier attracts an international crowd, creating a diverse and cosmopolitan atmosphere.
While many think of warm beach destinations for Spring Break, Verbier’s unique combination of late-season skiing, stunning alpine scenery, and vibrant après-ski culture offers an unforgettable experience for those looking to enjoy the spring in a different way.