Premier Hon Sharlene Cartwright Robinson announced Turks and Caicos will begin welcoming visitors starting on July 22nd 2020. “We are eager and excited to reopen our borders and safely welcome travelers back to the picturesque Turks and Caicos Islands later this summer,” said Pamela Ewing, director of tourism for the Turks and Caicos Islands Tourist Board. “Our intention is to cautiously reboot the tourism sector, laying the foundation for short- and long-term recovery.”
See the article below for specifics on what to expect when vacationing in Turks and Caicos for the next couple of months, what restaurants are open, and what’s the best way to get there. You can also contact one of Haute Retreats directly at email@example.com . This page is updated daily.
When Can I travel to Turks and Caicos?
Yo can travel to Turks and Caicos starting Wednesday July 22nd 2020. The following conditions will apply to travelers who want to vacation in Turks and Caicos.
Right now who returns to Turks and Caicos has to follow screening requirements:
- answer questions about his health or other relevant circumstances (including travel history and information about other individuals with whom he may have had contact);
- produce any documents which may assist a medical officer or nurse in assessing his health;
- at such time as a medical officer or nurse may specify, to allow the medical officer or nurse to take a biological sample of the person, including a sample of his respiratory secretions or blood, by appropriate means including by swabbing his nasopharyngeal cavity, or phlebotomy to provide such a sample; and
- provide sufficient information to enable the person to be contacted immediately by a medical officer or nurse during such period as a medical officer or nurse may specify, where the medical officer or nurse considers that such provision of information is necessary in order to reduce or remove the risk of the person infecting or contaminating
The new protocols starting July 22nd will be released during the next couple of weeks.
Wearing Masks to prevent the spread of Covid-19, every person shall wear a face mask or face covering, covering his nose and mouth, when in a public place, until 31 December.
Going to the beach, grocery stores, hardware stores, pharmacies and other open-air businesses is currently permitted.
Which airlines are flying to Turks and Caicos?
American Airlines, JetBlue, Southwest, United, Delta, will resume flights from different locations in USA to PLS International Airport starting July 22nd. Air Canada will have flights resumed from Montreal starting July 23rd 2020 and also from Toronto.
Please contact us if you would like to receive an update with firstname.lastname@example.org
Private Charter Airports in Turks & Caicos
- Providenciales Intl, Providenciales, Caicos (MBPV, PLS)
- McCartney Intl Airport, Grand Turk Island, Turks (MBGT, GDT)
- South Caicos Airport, South Caicos, Caicos (MBSC, XSC)
- Salt Cay Airport, Salt Cay, Turks (MBSY, SLX)
Are the villas ready to accommodate my stay?
Yes, as of July 22nd you will be able to make reservations in most villas for travel the next months, excepted the villas under renovation. Our professional team in Turks and Caicos is aware of the new health authority guidelines and the housekeeping team are also following the new protocol. We offer on the island 95 villas that we selected. For more details about the villas in Turks and Caicos contact Haute Retreats or start your search here. Or please email email@example.com or call toll free from USA and Canada 1.888.279.6444 , 24/7 + 39 333 206 5514 .
Other coronavirus updates from Turks and Caicos:
- There has been minimal changes in its covid-19 situation last update June 21st. There are two new confirmed cases, bringing the total number of confirmed positive cases to 14.
- Turks and Caicos is open for business. You can freely move about beaches and shops. Visitors are asked to practice responsible behavior including social distancing and wearing a mask when entering an enclosed public building like the airport, or a store or shop;
- hotels, dine in restaurants, casinos, bars and discos, gyms, spas and fitness will reopen on July 6th 2020;
- concierge services, retail businesses, and real estate businesses resumed operations on June 5th 2020
- the seaport will resume operations starting August 31st.
For more news updates travel during covid-19, countries with a coronavirus travel ban, and the latest information coronavirus travel restrictions, please see this related article:
Updated July 17th 2020
Once travelers register on the TCI Assured portal and complete the requirements as outlined, a travel authorization notification will be given. The TCI Assured travel authorization should be presented at the time of check-in to the appropriate airline; airlines will not be able to board passengers without this authorization.