The fairy-tale getaway
Step inside Villa Sola Cabiati where you will live your fairy-tale getaway in Italy where you immerse yourself into a story enlivened by art, architecture art de vivre.
A unique opportunity to immerse yourself in history as you experience the magnificent style that has enchanted illustrious world travelers for over three centuries.
Villa Sola Cabiati was built in the 16th century and redesigned two centuries later in the Neoclassical style, sits on the Riviera della Tremezzina, a short drive or boat ride from the hotel. The priority during the renovation was to bring the villa into the 21st century, adding all the comforts that upscale guests nowadays require, such as air conditioning, heating and Wi-Fi, followed by some general lifting and updating of the guest rooms.
Meanwhile the main building feels perfectly frozen in time. The space is richly appointed with immaculate frescos by the Tiepolo school that haven’t been touched since the 1700s, mosaico venezia floors, and exquisite glass chandeliers. Hotel guests can book a private 2 hour visit to the villa’s museum floors, which host a number of treasures including a collection of Sèvres china, a bust of Napoleon (a gift from the French ruler himself), and a bed from Palazzo Serbelloni in Milan that Napoleon and his wife, Joséphine de Beauharnais, once slept in.
Villa Sola Cabiati, the historic residence of once belonging to the noble Serbelloni family, is now exclusively available to guests of the nearby Grand Hotel Tremezzo.
What we love:
A decadent neoclassical residence dating back to the 18th century, once the summer abode of the distinguished Serbelloni Dukes
A historic and artistic landmark showcasing opulent halls adorned with frescoes and ornate stuccowork by Italian masters
A manicured Italian garden to frame lake views, complete with flowering parterres and an idyllic pool nestled amid the park
A treasure trove of historic artifacts and precious collections of tapestries, paintings and majolica: discovery awaits in every corner
A unique setting where the decadent past comes alive amid the breathtaking scenery at the heart of Lake Como
- Any event or function can be only ancillary to a 3-night minimum stay, therefore it is not possible to organize an event or function at the Villa if the Villa itself is not booked and used for a stay of 3 nights or more.
- Our Special Events policy applies to any function, party or event, of any kind, where guest numbers exceed the 5 additional outside guests permitted or where any special setup is required, and should be agreed in advance with the Villa Manager.
- The maximum capacity of the Villa in case of events or functions is 70 people (including the resident guests).
- Tensile-structures / canopies are not allowed (the backup option for outdoor events or functions are the indoor halls ofthe Villa).
- Any event or function will be regulated by a separate dedicated contract agreed and signed between the Grand Hotel Tremezzo and the Villa guests.
- In addition to all Event costs (F&B, setup fees, flowers and music arrangements etc), a fixed venue fee will be applied for the use of any areas within the Villa or its ground as follows:
o Up to 35 guests: 2,000 EURO + 10% VAT per day
o From 36 up to 70 guests: 5,000 EURO + 10% VAT per day
- All F&B requested for the events and functions will be provided by the Grand Hotel Tremezzo team. Outside catering isnot permitted.
- The entirety of the Villa and its grounds are subject to noise and music restrictions, therefore only background music is allowed throughout the day and the night.