Last updated on November 20th, 2019 at 01:04 am
Crystal waters of the sandy beaches, Roman remains and mountainous countryside, are the few words which define this island of Italy called Sardinia. This second largest island of Mediterranean has become the latest summer retreat of Europe alongside being the hottest holiday destination among the celebrities. Even among islands, Ibiza and Mykonos are beautiful, yet Sardinia tops the list with its natural beauty and hidden history to rewind. The island offers 2000 Km of Mediterranean and is the ideal destination to spend some time in peace and tranquility.
Best time of visit:
April-June, are the best months to visit this cozy island. With the pleasant climate as well reduction in the crowd. Usually, the month of August is highly avoided while planning your trip to this island as being overcrowded and pricey, the weather is over normally heated up with rising temperatures. Winters can be harsh and better avoided.
Why is Sardinia the next summer destination?
Warm waters and gorgeous scenery are what attracts flocks of tourist towards this island every summer.
Reasons why this island a must in the bucket list of the destination of travel are:
- Sardinia is home to the worlds best beaches such as Cala Gonone, Li Coggi beach or the Costa Smeralda.
- Head to Costa Smeralda for some golfing activities with its wide range of golf courses and resorts while lazing on its beaches.
- Pay a visit to Costa Paradiso to soak in the mesmerizing senary of the rocky beaches while trying some snorkeling
- The deepest canyon in Europe is situated in the regions of Ogliastra of Sardinia to experience nature in its wildest form.
- A visit to the capital-Cagliari to rewind medieval times and try out some cobblestone pizzas is also one of such places that define the awesomeness of this island. While in the capital, visit the archeological museum is a must.
- One can stay on local farms and ranches to experience Italian countryside
- Visit the World heritage site of Nuraxi su Barumini for some Nuraghi exploration.
- Because Garibaldi’s house is here in Capera.
- Sardinia has wide variety shopping destinations such as De Flippis for coral products, Isola for handmade ceramics and Sapori di Sardegna for local wine, bakery products etc., to carry back a piece of the island for you back home.
- Its rich and unique wildlife is worth being captured.
- Spot some luxury yacht during summer on the harbor of Porto Cervo
- Su Combidu located in Cagliari is the ideal place to tickle your taste buds of local food and drink of Sardinia
- The summer months in Sardinia, opens the activity of kite surfing near Palau, to try out some kite surfing fun over the crystal blue waters while visiting here.
These are few named reasons but not limited to these, as for why Sardinia has become the next summer destination among tourist all across the globe and extending up to the celebrities as well. To be captivated by the real beauty of this island, one time visit to Sardinia is a must. For its ancient history and sunny coasts, Sardinia has surely gained the title of being the next hottest tourist destination among travelers.
Happy traveling to Sardinia this coming summer!!